By Dan (Staff)
We are looking for Role Players to add to the everyday enjoyment of Kymer!

Do you enjoy pretending to be someone else? Then this might be for you...https://www.vzones.com/role-player-application/

We are looking for role players from a variety of time zones, so just because you're an insomniac and are in world in the middle of the night doesn't disqualify you!
Some hosting, for particular groups, and the ability to talk about your 'character' is required.
By Coal (Staff)
I find it so wonderful that you guys are adding this back to our wonderful world!

History can come alive again and new history can be written for current and future generations to enjoy.

I have applied and would love to see others join this bunch of folks that can spin a tale and catch the gleam in someone's eye as they regale in an adventure that makes the audience sit on the edge of their seat for each new tidbit.

You have my applause fine sir, for you have made this Coal a little more like a diamond with the thought of a new tomorrow yet to be written!
By wa_quax
Whow !
..Roleplay...

If it is a play, it has rules..

ok.. sounds great ... but to be honest, I have not even a tiny idea, what this means... :mrgreen:
maybe I'm the only one.. :? ..is there any basic information about this activities and how is has been done in the past?

I know.. writing Docs und Newbie Infos is the most ugly part of all the fun.. but there are a perfect place to catch the attention of new folk for new activities.

So please... keep all Newbies like me informed before the action starts.. ;)

pressing thumbs for all good ideas!

Quax
By wobal
Hiyas Quax,

formely we had in WA Groups like Ducks, Mages, Pans and many more.
So, how I read the Application Form, they want to bring back Pan, Thespian and Bards (never heard - I know Birds, but Bards :-))
The Groups wear their same Clothes or Colors to recognize them quick. They hosted Games (daily, weekls or Monthly) and Events. As a Member you get a new Name for the Avatar, so no other Member know you real Avatar Name :mrgreen:
You get Access to Locales who made for the Groups. You have to say nothing to other Member about your Role Player Character.
Not sure, if the Rules the same as in the Past, but I think so.
If not, I think, Dan will tell us.

Hope that helps.

Quacks
Wobsi
By nodnarb
I would love some additional information about what the expectations are of a roleplayer (for example, the Pan does weekly games - are you expected to be online at specific times every week to host or is it randomly when you can?) and is the roleplayer avatar a new avatar added to your account or does it take over one of your avatars?

Thanks!
By wa_quax
Hi Wobsi,
thank you for the introduction into the world of WA roleplay!

Sounds a little bit... aehm..interessting for me... join a random group with members I can't learn more about doing activities in group only rooms wearing a kind of uniform ;)

So on the first view.. there are some groups identified by name and outfit.. each group will do its own activities... how to decide which group to join if neither know about their members nore about their activities?

And why only join one group...

Guess you will get a extra Avi for the roleplay because of the 'Uniform' needed... will this be a extra Avi or will it be one of your Alts?

Guess there are some extra Role Play Alts in the VIP account... ( 4+ 4...) but with an either / or limitation.. I'm on Standard Account.. so no idea if roleplay can be done with Standard too.

After all... I like the idea of a group outfit... reminds me of the robe for layers in Germany and the historical reason for that..... ;)

Guess simply minds like me need some more Input from the stuff :D

Quax
By wobal
Hiyas nodnarb,
hiyas Quax,

long Time ago, you have to be there for Group-Member Meetings and for Hosting. The Games were on the Schedule, so you have to host e.g. once a Week on Saturday at 06.00 am (Warning! Thats an Example). Change the Dates if there a some more Peeps at the Group, but if you a nice Host (ok, all Hosts are nice :mrgreen: ) you have a regular Date, so your Player know your Place.
As I know, formerly you get an extra Account for Roleplayer. But I don't know, how they will handle this now.
@Quax
The other Avis will known your "new Roleplayer Name" and their Activities (where, why and so on) BUT you shouldn't tell them, how is your "real Inworld Name"
A Roleplayer played a Role - so, it should be a little Secret - who will be the Person in real.
(btw: Not all wear a Robe :-)

But, the Form for the Roleplayer is new.
Remember me " I want to be a WannaBe" - some of us, perhaps will know, what I mean :roll:
but heh - its a new Management - so, lets try.
Not sure, if I could explain it right and the new Rules are the same as in the Past. There was a Remark here at the Forum, that they will not bring back some of the "old Groups"
If you see Wobsi later without a Head - you know, Management had roasted the Duck (or I visit the VOID) :mrgreen:

Quacks
Wobsi
By Keellyn
WHY is there no JESTER on the list of positions???

Jesters made this world 10000000x more fun!!

Bring back the JESTERS!!!
By Dan (Staff)
Thank you Wobal for jumping in with answers based on how it was done in the past :D A lot of what Wobal said is still the case here.

The Pans and Bards will be hosting regularly scheduled games for the members to enjoy. Each will have unique prizes that can only be won at their games, and rotated out monthly, or purchased with vouchers after the month is over. The games that they will be running are fun and everyone wins!

The Pans will be hosting their games on Pan Mountain, like in the past, and everyone gets either a Main or Door prize depending on how they do in the game of the Pan's choice.

The Bards will be like the Muse's in DS & Storytellers in nH used to be, everyone wins a Participation prize, for participating :lol: since no one gets any points and everyone is a winner ;) Bard games will be word based games where the players work together to write a story or song, sometimes with hilarious results!

The Thespian group will be playing various characters in staff sponsored events throughout the year and will have handouts in these roles and will not be required to host any games, just walk around and interact with the members during these events.

Being a Role Player for Vzones is a way for you to get involved in the day to day enjoyment of your fellow members and you will be provided an avatar to use for these positions so you won't lose any of your paid for avatars, nor do you have to be a VIP member to participate, all paid members can apply.

We are taking applications for these positions so that everyone that may be interested can express such interest and we will be reviewing all applications that come in and will contact the people that we as a group (Andy, Polly, Chime & Myself) feel will do the best job in the positions. Please be aware that we are looking to have Role Players scheduled throughout the day not just 'popular hours' so that everyone can enjoy themselves in Vzones, both for games and staff sponsored events and activities. Previous experience is not required and decisions will not be made purely on experience.

At this time we are only bringing in these 3 groups, that is not to say that we will not bring in other groups in the future, right now we are only bring in these 3 and may consider other groups at a later date.
By wa_quax
Dan & Wobsi ,

thank you for expending my small roleplay knowledge base so fast and patient!

Was totally send wrong direction by the translation of "roleplay" to German.. so it is NOT a kind of adventure play.. like hunting orks , kissing frogs, marry the princess ...

It is joining a Group that is responsible for a certain kind of event.. like joining a company, you will be part of a team, decide as a group, communicate with the government ..<<ggg>>.

Wobsi told me about the fun of beeing part of such a group... and if all have new identities, all ideas may have the same weight... ok.. not for long, we all know.. ;)

And if you 'work' for your group it is quit normal, that you represent the group and not your personal avi character.. so a 'roleplay' avi is a kind of business outfit for the official tasks...it stands for a function not for a person like like the uniform of a police officer.

3 groups may no cover every once interests... but I guess we have not passed the point of critical inworld ppl that makes games / events self running chain reaction.. it is a lot of work to organize the group itself, keep all the sheep together, build up the events and promote it.. and keep it alive for at least some time. Remember .. 200 actors online is near the peak... and we count avis...not real ppl.. daily average may be around 100 ...

So after getting the idea behind it.. I really like the idea of group driven events.. Join a group, meet new ppl and be a maker instead of a user ;) Or just have fun to visit the new events.. 8-)

..and... tell your friends about it :mrgreen:

see u
Quax