By Cosmic Andy (Staff)
We are currently working on the issue and I'm currently outside the turfs on TST.
By Cosmic Andy (Staff)
The attack has continued fom 2pm WA and we are currently working on a solution. Sorry for any problems caused. Please use Summerland until it's resolved.
By Madness832
Attack? As in this is comin' from a 3rd party? I mean, I'm gettin' an error I've never seen before: "TCP Error: Your connection has been cancelled. :o :shock:
By Cosmic Andy (Staff)
Yes. This is the standard client error when you've dropped connection to the WA servers.

We are currently adding some code to the server software and rebuilding. We will need to go offline for about 30 minutes to replace/test the code. We expect to do this between 5PM and 7PM WA.
By roystonja
madness.mail wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Attack? As in this is comin' from a 3rd party? I mean, I'm gettin' an error I've never seen before: "TCP Error: Your connection has been cancelled. :o :shock:
This is the first I have seen this wording also. It is not the standard message when disconnected due to a tcp error.
By butterfli.summers
Cosmic Andy (Staff) wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:54 pm
The attack has continued fom 2pm WA and we are currently working on a solution. Sorry for any problems caused. Please use Summerland until it's resolved.
Have you alerted the authorities in case billing information has been targeted?
By butterfli.summers
Andy,

I just got in world and have been trying to understand what is going on.

What kind of security program do you have for the servers?
Do you know what kind of attack happened?
Was billing information targeted?
Have you contacted authorities?
Are these servers housed in a data center with secure networks and behind firewalls?
Do you know where the attack came from?
Is our billing information encrypted?
Are the servers being regularly patched? I haven't noticed the nightly maintenance that used to happen.
Are you using default configurations?
Why is it that the web site is still running even when game is being attacked? Is that hosted in a different data center? If so do they have encryption and firewalls and security in place?

I appreciate what you are doing for this world in bringing it back online, but I know nothing about you or your background. Nor do I feel very comfortable with you having my billing information now. Please put my mind at ease by answering these questions. If I think of more, don't worry I intend to ask. Additionally, I would appreciate your transparency on the situation. I don't see anything more than just this one forum post but again I just got home from work.

Thank you,
Jenn
By Cosmic Andy (Staff)
To confirm that we are still working on the issue and will have it resolved today.

It was a DDoS attack on the VZ servers and not the servers.

All data is safe/secure.

The DDoS took down the service in a harsh way which has caused curruption.

I will be hosting a meeting later this week to discuss it in more detail.