Place to discuss anything and everything related to VZones & get tech support.
By btgh (Staff)
RFJohnston wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:41 am
RFJohnston wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:34 am
Would it be possible to put a volume/on-off switch in preferences for the infernal noise that goes off with the system pages? It is way too loud and annoying to hear it go off in the middle off the night, over and over again as the world shuts down. I have several personal reasons to not mute the sound off on my PC, and I haven't had the VZones sound on for decades.

Thx
Any feedback?
The point of the system alert is to, well, alert you.

When we ask you to log off it's not for fun. When people don't log off before the server shuts down then maintenance takes longer and there is an increased chance of some kind of problem.

If enough people post here that then want to turn off the alert sound then we may add the feature into a future client release.
By HeartBeat
Thank you so much Bill, for all these wonderful changes!!! I personally appreciate the sound...an esp sound was a feature I appreciated on the metro client. I am often multitasking my butt off in my real world and the esp sound would alert me while I was away! If we could have that option also, I would appreciate it!
I was not aware, waiting to log off could affect the client, so that was really good to know! I will close when system indicates in the future!
By btgh (Staff)
Hiya, there is an option for ESP sound on the file/prefences menu.
By HeartBeat
I had not even looked at that yet! WOOHOO!! Thank you so much Bill, much appreciated!
By Tangerine
Was playing red dragon at Harlequin games garden. When you click on dice and choose "Use hidden from others" they do not turn to another colour but they do change colour okay in Harlequin Games Patio. Is it possible to have the change in the dice at Harlequin Games Garden. Twice I clicked thinking I hadn't changed it to the question mark then realised what was happening. :lol: Thankyou :D
By Tigerlily
Delightful new features! Thank you! I especially appreciate the ESP *ping* and flash... so I can be multi-tasking while having Meraki paint store open.

I would love to be able to get an alert in paint shop turf when someone enters... like a door chime, but not the same one as system shutting down, obviously. (That one wakes me up thinking my neighbors are early risers!)

...this might be asking too much, but what the heck, that never stopped me before! 8-)
hugs, Tigs

PS Oh also, how bout a feature for a singalong inworld? You know we all have such beautiful voices! :lol:
(hums, the Lion Sleeps Tonight!)
By RFJohnston

When we ask you to log off it's not for fun. When people don't log off before the server shuts down then maintenance takes longer and there is an increased chance of some kind of problem.

If enough people post here that then want to turn off the alert sound then we may add the feature into a future client release.

Since SOME people leave their avies up and idling when they go to bed, the WARNING is pretty meaningless if you aren't there. I may be the only one that does this and likes quiet, but I doubt it.
By Devra
RFJohnston wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Since SOME people leave their avies up and idling when they go to bed, the WARNING is pretty meaningless if you aren't there. I may be the only one that does this and likes quiet, but I doubt it.
Just turn off the sound for your Zones Windows - then you can leave sound up... I do it all the time; works wonderful ! :)
By Squirlly
btgh (Staff) wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 pm
Doppelganger wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:31 am
One thing I'd like to see besides the double click to walk, is a click-hold-drag feature of items in one's turf. Would make moving items so nice and easy.
Drag and drop already works in your turf. Click on glued item and hold shift key then drag.

Double click to walk will be available tomorrow.
On this note BTGH Forgot the Ctrl key moves the object Forward and Backward and Left and Right (X and Y-Axis) where the shift moves it Left and Right, Up and Down (X and Z-Axis)
By RFJohnston
Devra wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:09 am
RFJohnston wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 pm

Just turn off the sound for your Zones Windows - then you can leave sound up... I do it all the time; works wonderful ! :)

You must be a heavy sleeper Devra... The system alerts are NOT controlled by the volume settings in the client. Reread Bills reply. He said they MAY add the ability to turn it off if enough mention it to him.