Place to discuss anything and everything related to VZones & get tech support.
I always wanted to be an acolyte/guide!!! I was Tonanzin for a while in Dreamscape and had different names in Vzones and the fantasy one which for some reason, can't remember the name right now. I loved hosting Bingo in DS and did for a while in VZones too. I was a member of the Goths.... haha.. good times.
Yup came in in 1995. I was pete.i in those days cos someone else had pete. I managed to change to my actual name, pete, sometime later. I well remember "GOAWAY" and the interminable and rather weird connection noises my slow dial up speed modem made when connecting to the web and having to wait, seemingly for minutes at a time, before I moved from one locale to another.
Originally I posted that I started with Dreamscape when it was WorldsAway. Didn't mention that I'd actually started with it when I was on QLink for the Commodore 64 when the world was known as Club Caribe. Thorny was among the first to befriend me. It opened in August 1989 and that's when I joined and became known as CCG Ailana. My alt was Khai Joybringer's first incarnation as HualaiKhai. In 1995, a new world opened up as Dreamscape. I was asked to be an Acolyte for this new world and I jumped at the opportunity. That's when CCG Ailana became known as Acolyte Brynne. Khai was "CC married" in Club Caribe and changed her name to Khai Sparkwing. But Jalil, her CC-husband , didn't follow her to Dreamscape so she became Khai Joybringer which is the name we've used since.

I absolutely loved Club Caribe; the graphics were the best available at the time. When Dreamscape was released, the avatars were so much better. I loved and enjoyed every hour I spent in CC and then DS for the 12 years I was a part of them. I was ecstatic when I learned DS was returning and immediately applied to be a part of the Beta. I am soooo looking forward to the full world of Dreamscape that will be opening -- soon, I hope!
Pete wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am
I well remember "GOAWAY" and the interminable and rather weird connection noises my slow dial up speed modem made when connecting to the web and having to wait, seemingly for minutes at a time, before I moved from one locale to another.
Uh, yes. I startet with a V.32 Modem, after that I upgraded to V.34, than to ISDN.
After the upgrade to V.34 the connection was stable and quite fast. That was the fastest analogue port offered by CompuServe. Sometimes I miss the shake-hand-sound of the good old days ;-)

Fun fact: last week I got rid of my V.34-Modem and brought it to the recycling-station.
Nowadays I got a 400/55MBit-Connection via cable.
Well wasn't that ages ago? Yes I started out back in the CompuServe days as umm something other than Under Cover. I don't rightly remember what the original name was. Under Cover was my alt and became my primary. LOL I had totally forgotten about GOAWAY. It was pay as you go when I started and I remember some crazy high CompuServe bills. Glad to see the world revived.
I'm here too! I started out as "WizWil" 'cause I was the WizOp of the Science Fiction/Fantasy Forums. I switched to "Kellie" and have been her ever since.

I just recently came across the CIS CD that had the original software on it. Not sure if I trashed it or not but I'll go look for it again.

Merchandise? I know it was out there but I don't recall purchasing any of it.....maybe a t-shirt. <F8>