Discuss anything related to IW gaming.
By DustyB
Cosmic Andy (Staff) wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:13 am
Last week we released a software update which gives you a new menu option to view how many vouchers you own. This is the first stage to a new feature that is coming in the next few weeks to change gaming prizes.

Think chuck e cheese in vzones :D

The original model of game prizes needed to be updated to make it more exciting and to get more hosts, players and developers for new games.

In the past a set of prizes would be created for a fixed period of time and players would get the chance to win during that period. With a goal of getting to 24/7 gaming after you've played a few games and won a few prizes you have less incentive to keep playing games until another month/set of prizes are released which is why change is needed.

When the voucher system is released prizes will be vouchers rather than items which are given based on winning position. For example first place will get 3 vouchers, 2nd place 2 vouchers and 3rd one voucher.

Now the magic.....

You can save vouchers. They can be stored as normal items.
You can trade vouchers with other members.
You can bank/collect the vouchers in your game voucher account (similar to paying cash into the bank). Once you bank the voucher you can't trade it with another member (it's stored in your game voucher account).

The best bit.....

You can take your voucher down to the prize shop on temple street and trade them in right away for a prize (same as you would have got when prizes were hand delivered) or you can save vouchers to claim a better prize later on.

The prize shop will have special vendos to exchange game vouchers for prizes.
The prize shop will have monthly prizes which rotate each month and permanent prizes which will be higher voucher items that you can save for. Example items may include AW items, free turf rents, free membership, rare prizes, one off items and much more.

Play more, get rewarded more :)
I love it, love it ...........love it. Thank you for this.
By Dia
I love the idea of vouchers!!

Thanks also for addressing the question about alts.
By VaBelle
I love seeing all the support for new ideas, and I too agree that this seems a great idea!

You mentioned that if someone did not win vouchers that they might be able to trade with others for them. If vouchers are the currency leading to prizes, effectively, and you don't win vouchers, what are you suggesting we trade for them? It just seems at face value that there isn't much that would be worth trading for someone who is winning enough vouchers to trade them with another avi rather than trade them for or save them for prizes later. If trading for tokens is an option, that brings up the tree selling thing that someone mentioned, which in all honesty is just not inviting, lol.

Also, special thanks to those who do as someone said and keep playing after they have a prize set then share with others. If those folks could instead save their winnings to get more winnings that benefit them physically, especially things like free admission cost coverage (think RW money savings) it would most likely at least diminish the number of times, for most people, to share things with others. It is only intelligent to save yourself money, after all, so although these very generous friends might continue to share some, many might opt to save the vouchers in hopes of benefitting themselves in a RW way, and they should do so! That only makes sense in the pocketbook/wallet. That leaves 2 things in its wake however...those who are now benefitting from the generosity of what is now just an extra few duplicate pixels taking up space in one pocket and shared with another would be left wanting, and those same folks who either had systems a little slower, or just weren't so good at games, or simply had a busy life and wanted the fun of this place would no longer have the prizes that the generous folks with duplicates give. I don't think that leaves a happier place, as the current sharing of prizes makes both a happy giver and a happy receiver, and is multiplied time and again as it happens.

I'm keeping an open mind, and want to express my thanks again to all those working, and I do mean WORKING in the background to give us this home away from home. Thank you all. Also thanks again for the open communication. It means more than I can even put into words to have information shared with us.

Thanks in advance for addressing my (and all our other) concerns!

VaBs
By beannie
So does this mean, all previously awarded/earned host and prize credits will not be recognized for ANY value in the future (Post BETA) ?

Previously earned:

►Aco Coins(valued as 1, 3, 4 & 5 various denominations)
►Aco Shop Credits and (1, 3 & 5 denominations)
►Host Credits/Coins(these were earned for hosting)

These were also awarded for main regular game prizes and door prizes.
These were used to purchase exclusive items only sold in the Prize Market.

Other Proprietor Prizes:

►Second Kingdom Seals
►Second Kingdom Faire Tickets (valued in denominations of 2, 4, 8 & 10)
►Triber Coins in various denominations
►Atlantis awarded Clams in various denominations
►Jester Coins awarded in various denominations

These were used to purchase exclusive items from "their" respective prize rooms.

Just thinking (I know living dangerously here!)
If these will NOT be recognizing in the scheme of things planning for the future, we could pawn them and free up a lot of space, or assist in stabilization of the server.

Thanking you in advance for your response on this issue,
By Sharon Peters
Get out of my head Beannie. LOL :) I was wondering the exact same thing. I have a bunch of aco and host credits, along with faire tickets, native ozees, clam credits, jester tokens. If they won't ever be of use I will get rid of them. I always thought there were too many different denominations, I will be very happy with a simpler system.

I like the idea of a voucher system.

Thanks
SP :D
By Carly
So does this mean, all previously awarded/earned host and prize credits will not be recognized for ANY value in the future (Post BETA) ?

Previously earned:

►Aco Coins(valued as 1, 3, 4 & 5 various denominations)
►Aco Shop Credits and (1, 3 & 5 denominations)
►Host Credits/Coins(these were earned for hosting)

These were also awarded for main regular game prizes and door prizes.
These were used to purchase exclusive items only sold in the Prize Market.

Other Proprietor Prizes:

►Second Kingdom Seals
►Second Kingdom Faire Tickets (valued in denominations of 2, 4, 8 & 10)
►Triber Coins in various denominations
►Atlantis awarded Clams in various denominations
►Jester Coins awarded in various denominations

These were used to purchase exclusive items from "their" respective prize rooms.

Just thinking (I know living dangerously here!)
If these will NOT be recognizing in the scheme of things planning for the future, we could pawn them and free up a lot of space, or assist in stabilization of the server.

Thanking you in advance for your response on this issue,

beannie
Carol

Could we please get a reply to this post originally posted by beannie above? MANY of us are curious to know if any of those credits we saved up previously are still valid Post Beta?? Will you still honor some of them? And secretly hoping we do will continue to see the SK Faire 2x a year and Atlantis once a year?? :) here's hoping........ :D

Thanks for your response in this matter,
Carly