Ideas or suggestions to help improve VZ? Let us know and help build the future.
Forum rules: One topic/thread per idea.
Ideas are taken as suggestions and may or may not be implemented.
By Tigerlily
I would like to suggest that we add roleplayers back into the mix. They are not only good at hosting games, leading walks and tours, doing hunts, and otherwise entertaining the population... but they are really part of our history. It's whats missing!

You know, it was a joke at one time... that nearly everyone inworld was a secret roleplayer. And you know what? what is so bad about that? It gave something extra for people to do, and it added a level of humor, sweetness, and that special something that makes our worlds unique! Additionally, roleplayers were generally nicer than the main avatars (mine were, for sure). =)

The games they hosted tended to be very interactive. Like Parlour games. And Poetry Hour. And Campfire Tales. No, we dont NEED roleplayers for that. But why not have them? And give everyone a shot at something. Like the school play. <g> Some dont want to act, some would rather run the lights or do the set design. People will stay longer and feel more committed to a world they are PART of.

Just a thought. Please consider! I have lots and lots of backstory stuff on several of the groups. And nothing wrong with creating new. Hugs, thanks for listening!
By kymidwife
I agree... role playing is the sort of thing that pulls members out of parking mode and out of turfs. This and structured events really enrich the whole sense of interactive community.
By Sly
I also agree and I really miss the Mages and Jesters (I didn't really interact with Muses or Sprites).

I had a unique perspective because I was not a roleplayer, but I was married to one. I got to see behind the scenes and see how much he enjoyed being the character. I also got to see how much fun people had interacting with that character. I also loved interacting with the roleplayers.

The roleplayers were also a special part of DS and it was something different and interesting to do in between bingo and parking. I don't know what part could be brought back and I don't know what the roleplayers turned into after I left in 2009, but I miss it.

I also liked not knowing who anyone was. That was important to me. The mystery. I don't think the current staff should have this added to their list of duties. They already do so much.

Thanks for reading :)
By Devra

Andy said/posted some time ago, he was all in favor of Roleplayers - but it would be member generated, not Staff... so again - up to the membership to get this going :)
By RBC
This is a wonderful idea however we need to be able to have the muse/mages spirit wands kind of thing to make this a successful game. I really think Evernote would have a blast. We as certain members would love to generate this activity but like I stated we need the tools to do so. Then we also need to see about prizes and scheduling. I’m sure you would see a high interest.