Ideas or suggestions to help improve VZ? Let us know and help build the future.
Forum rules: One topic/thread per idea.
Ideas are taken as suggestions and may or may not be implemented.
By Sly
Hi there,

I have been decorating my turfs and I am finding one thing that really irks me. The turf mover stops at 5+ pixels from the left edge. I can't move anything all the way over to the left. This creates a gap on the left with some items.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the ability to move items a bit farther to the left. Instead of a set 5 that the mover stops at, maybe have it be -20 or as far as possible without causing other problems like lost items.

If you agree, please also chime in below so that TPTB can see this would be a change we would like to possibly see in the future.

Thank you :)
Attachments
turf mover problem.jpg
turf mover problem.jpg (89.53 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
By goldenbrats2
There is nothing more annoying for a decorator than having that gap on the left side of the screen... Please I agree with Sly, this needs a bit of tweaking. :) Thanks.
By Dia
I agree!! It is frustrating to have the gap there.
By Devra

I believe that happens because of the way turfs have to be built. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but I remember this from long ago, when it was brought up...
By Sly
Devra,

I am hoping with new people at the helm, maybe it is something that can be tweaked recoded!?

Or they can tell me it is hardcoded and it would cause a black hole and we all go poof. :mrgreen: So then I would just keep sticking trees in the gaps hehe.
By Carly
I also fully agree with Sly's post! As an avid lover of decorating myself, I would LOVE to see that gap on the left side to be gone, or for some genius person to come up with a solution to this problem! Thanks kindly in advance and thanks for bringing this up Sly great job! :)
By btgh (Staff)
The issue is that you always need to show some part of the object on the screen so you can click on it. Otherwise it would be possible to move it off the screen and never be able to grab it again.

It depends where the tag (the hold location) on the object is located. If it's on the right then you can move it off screen to the left leaving only a small part showing. If the tag is on the left of the object then there will be a gap. In that case you could rotate the object so it is facing backwards (so the tag is now on the right) and you should be able to move it further to the left

Bill
By Tigerlily
We can always locate our items if we lose them in a turf by using List Room Contents. So surely that cant be the reason we cant move objects all the way to the right? All turf decorators would LOVE to lose that 5 pixels gap, however! :lol:
Thanks for mentioning this, Sly. Thanks for looking into it, Bill. hugs, Tigs.